The College has a well established library which caters to the need of the undergraduate and post graduate students, research scholars and the faculty. At present the library has a collection of 34186 books and subscribes to 42 Journals, 18 periodicals and 10 newspapers. The library is semi-automated and the process of complete automation is on.Librarian
- About Library
- Web Resources
- SUBJECT GATEWAYS
- E-BOOKS & DIGITAL LIBRARY
- News Papers
- Useful Links
- Library Assistants
- Library Rules
- Recent Activities
1.All members of the staff and students are entitled to use the library for reference and to take books on loan.
2.Staff and students are given open access to the library. Personal belongings and other printed documents are to be kept in the rack outside. Students should register their names in the library and get their borrower’s card at the beginning of every academic year.
3.The library will be kept open on all working days from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm. Students requiring library books will have to surrender their borrower’s card.
4.The period of loan of a book is usually 14 days. A fine of 1 Rupee per week will be levied if a book is retained beyond the due date. Absence from the college will not be entertained as excuse for delay in returning books. If the date on which a book is due to be returned happens to be a holiday, the next working day will be the due date.
5.Hall tickets for the University examination and transfer certificates will be issued and caution deposits refunded only after clearing all the dues to the library.
6.The librarian may recall a book at any time even if the normal period of loan is not over. Students shall not sub lend the books of the library.
7. Readers will be responsible for any damage caused to the book. Pencil marks and the ink stains etc. made on the book will be treated as damages. When a book is issued to the reader he has to point out to the Librarian any defect noted with the book. Otherwise, the member shall be liable for the replacement of the book by a new copy/ pay the cost of the replacement of the book along with the postal charge. If a book belonging to a set or series is lost, damaged or disfigured and a new edition is not separately available, the borrower will be required to repay the value of the whole set of series.
8.If the lost book is not available for replacement the value of the lost book will be realised as per the following rules:-
|Date of publication of the lost book||Amount to be recovered|
|1951||8 times the new cost of Rs.250/- whichever is higher|
|Between 1951 &1970||6 times the new cost of Rs.250/- whichever is higher|
|Between 1971 and 1990||4 times the new cost of Rs.250/- whichever is higher|
|Between 1990 and 2000||3 times the cost|
|After 2000||2 times the cost|
|If the book has an archival value, the Library Committee should decide the amount to be recovered.|
9.Books of reference section and periodicals will not be lent but they may be referred within the Library hall on production of identity card.
10.No person shall lie on benches, chairs or tables and no waste paper shall be thrown on the floor of the Library.
11.No person shall commit any nuisance or partake of refreshments inside the Library.
12. Strict silence shall be observed in the Library hall.
13.Mobile phones should not be used in the Library hall.
14.Degree students are permitted to borrow 3 books, P.G students 5 books and staff members 20 books at a time. Each student is given Library cards (3 for degree students and 5 for P.G students) which have to be deposited in the Library at the time of receiving books.
15. Students can retain a borrowed book 14 days from the date of issue and the borrowing facility of the same book may be renewed for maximum 2 times.
16. All books must be returned by the students/ staff at the end of the semester for stock verification.
17. The transfer or seblending of books to anyone outside the college is strictly prohibited inside the Library.
18. Loud reading, talking, use of mobile phones, group discussion are strictly prohibited .
19. Identity card is compulsory for entering the library.
20. Library reading section and reference section are not to be used as study room.