Joined in The Cochin College on 2nd February 2014. Completed B.Sc and M.Sc from St. Pauls College kalamassery and B.Ed from Adi Sankara Training College, Kalamassery. Achieved Ph.D from Cochin University of Science and Technology. Interested areas of research are Photoacoustics and photothermal techniques, Electrical studies – Dielectric spectroscopy and pyroelectric coefficient determination, Nano-scale heat transport, Heat transport mechanism in multiferroics, Nanoceramics, Nanocomposites etc.
1. International Journals:
1. Magneto thermal conduction and phonon anomalies across magnetic transitions in multiferroics (poly and nano crystalline) bismuth ferrite Physica B: Condensed Matter, 437, 10 (2014), S. Uma and J. Philip.
2. Enhancement in pyroelectric properties of PZT-PVA polymer nanocomposites with addition of PAA, Journal of Applied Polymer science, (under review), S.Uma and J.Philip
3. Magneto-thermal conduction and magneto-caloric effect in poly and nano crystalline forms of multiferroic GdCrO3, Physica Scripta, S. Uma and J. Philip
4. Preparation, characterization and properties of Sm2Si2O7 loaded polymer composites for microelectronic applications”, Materials Science and Engineering: B 163 (2009) 67, Sherin Thomas, V. Deepu, S. Uma, P. Mohanan, J. Philip and M.T. Sebastian.
5. Dielectric, mechanical, and thermal properties of low permittivity polymer- ceramic composites for microelectronic applications”, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 7 (2010) 461, S. George, P. S. Anjana, J. Krupka, S. Uma J. Philip and M. T. Sebastian
6. Dielectric, thermal, and Mechanical Properties of CeO2-Filled HDPE Composites for Microwave Substrate Applications”, Journal of Polymer Science Part B: Polymer Physics, 48 (2010) 998, P. S. Anjana, V. Deepu, S. Uma, P. Mohanan, J. Philip, M. T. Sebastian
7. Thermal Properties of Low Loss PTFE-CeO2 Dielectric Ceramic Composites 118 (2010) 751, P. S. Anjana, S. Uma, J. Philip and M. T. Sebastian
8. Mechanical, thermal and laser induced surface damage analysis of II Group metal complexes of Thiourea”, Materials Chemistry and Physics 126 (2011) 463, S. Dhanuskodi, T.C. Sabari Girisun, G. Bagavanarayana, S. Uma and J. Phillip.
9. Dielectric, thermal and mechanical properties of Sr2ZnSi2O7 based polymer/ceramic composites”, Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics, 23(2012) 1243, T. Joseph, S. Uma, J. Philip and M. T. Sebastian
2. National Journals:
1. Induction of electro-activity in polyvinyl alcohol with addition of nanocrystalline PZT ceramic, Ind J of Pure and Appl Phys 51, 717 (2013), S. Uma and J. Philip
3. National Conferences:
1. Synthesis, characterization and dielectric measurements on nanocomposites of PVA-PZT, International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu (December, 2010)
2 Pyroelectric and thermal properties of PZT-PVA nanocomposites, DAE Symposium on Solid State Physics, Manipal (December 2010)
3 Thermal properties of poly and nano crystalline forms of multiferroic Bismuth Ferrite across magnetic transitions, 24th Kerala science Congress (2011)
4. Photoacoustic measurement of the thermal diffusivity of PVA dispersed with Au nanoparticles, 16th National symposium on Ultrasonics, Sophisticated test and instrumentation centre, Cochin University of Science and Technology (2007).
5. Thermal diffusion in natural rubber dispersed with ZnO nanoparticles”, MATCON, Cochin University of Science and Technology (2009)
4. International Conferences:
1. Photopyroelectric measurement of thermal conduction in HDPE-CeO2 composites”, 15th International Conference on Photoacoustic and Photothermal Phenomena, 2009, July 19-23, Leuven, Belgium