- NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2015-2016
- NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2014-2015
- NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2013-2014
NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2015-2016
- Environmental day celebration
Nature club in association with department of Zoology and Botany organized an inter-departmental Debate competition in connection with World Environment day on 5th June 2015.
- Photo Exhibition
Nature club members were taken for an photo exhibition on 13th August organized by Alliance Française de Trivandrum, Cochin annex, and Agence Française de Development (AFD) entitled “60 SOLUTIONS against climate change”,
- Training in Aquarium Management
Students of the nature club were given hands on training on aquarium management by Dr. Manju V. Subramanian on September 7th 2015.
- Nature Camp to Salim Ali National Park Thattekad
A one day Nature camp to Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary Thattekkad was organized on August 24th 2015.
- A Yoga workshop
A Yoga workshop was organized by the nature club on 19th September 2015. Yogacharya M. M Shaji of Maruthi Yogasana Centre, Palluruthy was the instructor of the workshop.
- Wildlife week Celebration:
Nature club celebrated the wild life week on 08th October 2015. The following activities were undertaken
1 .Pamphlets were distributed among the staff and students of our college to create awareness among the youth about the importance of conservation of wild life.
2. An FM talk about the relevance of National Wild Life Week was broadcasted in Knowledge FM 11.55 (College FM) by Ms Fathima of Ist B.Sc Zoology.
3. Students actively participated in the various programmes organized by the Kerala Forest Department, as a part of wildlife week celebration on 2ndand 3rd October 2015 at government Girls HSS, Ernakulum.
- A field visit to coral islands of Lakshadweep.
Nature club in association with department of Zoology organized a five day field trip to lakshdweep Islands from 20-01-2016 to 25-01-2016.
- A workshop on Vermicomposting
A workshop on Vermicomposting was organized on Dec 28th 2015. Resource person was Prof. Antonia Roseline K.J, former HOD of the Department of Zoology, The Cochin College.
- Eradication of African Snail
A cleaning drive to eradicate African snail by sprinkling salt on the infested areas in the campus was undertaken by the Nature club and Zoology Association on Jan 11th 2016.
NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2014-2015
- Rejuvenation of the Zoology Museum:
Nature club started its activities by organizing a rejuvenation of departmental museum by students on 9th June 2014. Museum specimens were arranged neatly labelled and numbered.
- Cleaning and maintaining the Zoology garden:
Students also took initiatives to clean the garden maintained by the department. Pots were cleaned, filled with soil and manures. New plants were planted; nature club members were given the charge to maintain the garden.
- Field Trip to Trivandrum Zoo:
On 11th September 2014, Nature club members of the Department organized a field trip to Trivandrum Zoo to study the Chordate diversity.
- Nature camp to Mangalavanam:
Attended a one day Nature camp organised by the social forestry department, at Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary on 25-10-2014. Sri. M.I. Varghese. IFS (Retd) took a class on Biodiversity- Resources and Conservation of Western Ghats.
- Trainning programme on vermicomposting:
Hands on training on Vermicomposting were given to the nature club members on 12-12-2014 by Prof. Antonia Roseline K.J.
- Attended a National Seminar on Trends in Biodiversity studies:
Nature club members attended a National Seminar in St’ Teresas College Ernakulam.
- Insect diversity in the campus:
A study on Insect collection and its diversity in the campus, its preservation were organized on 13-12-2014.
NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2013-2014
- Environment day Celebration:
On June 5th Nature Club and Zoology association organized a talk on Conservation of Environment by World famous artist Riyaz Komu and cartoonist Boney Thomas in connection with World Environment Day and this was followed by planting of a tree in the zoology garden and cartooning on environmental issues by Riyaz Komu.
- Invited talk on western ghats and conservation:
On October 19th 2013 On Dr. V.S Vijayan, the famous Ornithologist and former Chairman of biodiversity Board Kerala State gave a talk on Western Ghats and the need for conservation.
- ‘YOGA’workshop: by Art of Living Foundation:
Yoga workshop by Yoga Gurus, Sri Rajagopal. K and Sri Devaraj .P.V from Art of Living Foundation at Ernakulam Centre was organised by the nature club.
- Seminar on Biodiversity conservation:
On I st March 2014 Nature club conducted a one day seminar on Biodiversity Conservation by M. I. Varghese. I.F.S (Retd) Dy. Conservator of Forest. Talk was on conservation of biodiversity of Kerala, emphasizing the importance of Western Ghats as one of the three hot spots identified in India.
- Nature camp to Athiramapply –Vazhachal:
Nature club Students attended a one day nature camp on 25th January 2014 at Athirampily Vazhachal, organized by Social Forestry Department of Kerala.
- Field study to Thekkady, Kumali & Wagamon :
A two day study trip to Thekkady, Kumali & Wagamon was organized on 20 - 21 February 2014.
NATURE CLUB ACTIVITIES: 2012-2013
- Nature camp to Mangalavanam
A one day nature to Mangalavanam was organised for the members of the nature club on July 3rd 2012.
- Quadret study at chellanam beach (Marine ecosystem).
Afield study to chellanam beach was organised on September 6th 2012. A quadret study of the beach was conducted. Students were able to identify different organisms in the intertidal zone.