The scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribes (ST) Cell in an institute promotes the special interest of students in the reserved category and to provide special inputs in areas where the students experience difficulty.
The cell regularly have to conduct remedial coaching classes on life skills, personality development, writing assignments and making presentations and also have to organize interactive sessions and informal meetings with students to attend to their personal, social and academic problems.
The main objectives of the cell are:
- To ensure proper implementation of various schemes of UGC, Government of India and State Govt. concerning scholarships, stipends etc. for welfare of reserved categories.
- The guidelines, for various types of scholarship/ stipends as revised from time to time by the Central and State Govts. are notified to all departments .
- This Cell ensures that these guidelines are strictly adhered to.
The committee members are:
- Dr. K.R Jaya, Principal Chairman
- Dr. Annieta Philip Convenor
- Dr. Nayna Jose Member
- Mr. Dominic Joseph Member
- Dr. Anu L Member
- Ms. Sabitha Joseph Member