Graduation in Zoology from The Cochin College, Cochin and post graduation from Sacred Heart College, Thevara, with university third rank. Qualified KSCSTE research fellowship, CSIR –JRF (NET). Joined this college as assistant professor in 2015. Doing PhD in Host Defence Peptides at Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Trivandrum. Research work focuses on the isolation and characterisation of Host Defence Peptides from the skin secretion of an endemic frog from Western Ghats, India.
1. Best Paper and Presentation award: International conference on Ecosystem Conservation, Climate Change and Sustainable Development (ECOCASAD: 2013)
2. CSIR-JRF(NET): Rank 44 – December 2012
3. Kerala state council for science technology and environment (KSCSTE) Research Fellowship 2010 in Life Sciences
4. Third rank in Zoology, May 2009, Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
5. KSCSTE Students project Fellowship (D. O. No. 040/ SRSSP/ 2008/ CSTE).
6. Best MSc project Award, Millennium Zoology (ISSN-0973-1946)(November 2010)
7. Beat Paper and Presentation Award: “Animal Science Congress” , Zoological Society of Kerala (February 2010)
8. Best BSc project Award, Millennium Zoology (ISSN-0973-1946) (November 2007)
- SUMMER SCHOOL: ‘Comparative Genomics and Proteomics in Drug Discovery, May 30- June 13th 2011, Organized by UGC-NRCBS, Madhurai Kamaraj University.
- ANIMAL USERS TRAINING: Animal research Facility, Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology, Trivandrum.
1. T V Vineeth Kumar, S Gopal and S George 2016. First report of Lividin and Spinulosain Peptides from the Skin Secretion of an Indian frog. Acta Biologica Hungarica 67(1), pp. 121–124, DOI: 10.1556/018.66.2016.1.10, (IF: 0.589)
2. Vineeth Kumar T V, David Holthausen, Joshy Jacob and Sanil George 2015. Host Defense Peptides in Asian Frogs as Potential Clinical Therapies. Antibiotics. ISSN 2079-6382
3. Vineeth Kumar T V, Remya James and A K Prema 2014. A Pilot Study on Microbial After growths in the Municipal Water Supply from Aluva to West Kochi. Scholars Academic Journal of Biosciences (SAJB) 2(12B): 913-919. ISSN 2321-6883
4. Remya James and Vineeth Kumar T V 2103. Variation of amino acids in white and Red meat of skipjack tuna (katsuwonus Pelamis) caught from Arabian Sea. International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology. ISSN: 2319-8753. (Impact Factor: 1.68)
5. Priya Thomas, T.V. Vineeth Kumar, V. Reshmy, K.S. Kumar and S. George 2012. A Mini Review on the Antimicrobial Peptides Isolated from the Genus Hylarana (Amphibia:Anura) with a Proposed Nomenclature for Amphibian Skin Peptides. Molecular Biology Reports (DOI) 10.1007/s11033-012-1521-3. (Impact Factor: 2.5)
6. Remya james and Vineeth Kumar T. V. 2012. Study on the Prevalence of Thyroid Disease in Ernakulam city and Cherthala town of Kerala State, India. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publication. ISSN 2250 – 3153.
Vineeth Kumar T. V, Sebastian P. A 2011, A Comparative Study on the Effect of Preservatives on Mitochondrial DNA of the Spider Hippasa agelenoides (Araneae : Lycosidae). Journal of the Zoological Society of Kerala. ISSN 0971 – 197 X.V
1. Vineeth Kumar T.V, Remya James and P. A. Sebastian, 2012. ‘Effect of Preservatives on mitochondrial DNA’. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
2. Remya James, VineethKumar T V and Susheela Mathew, 2012. ‘Red Meat Or White Meat’. LAP Lambert Academic Publishing.
1. Vineeth Kumar T V and Sanil George (2013). Antinociceptive and Antimicrobial peptides from the skin secretion of Endemic Frog of Western Ghats, International conference on Ecosystem Conservation, Climate Change and Sustainable Development (ECOCASAD: 2013), Trivandrum, 3 – 5 October 2013.
2. Vineeth Kumar T V and Sanil George (2013). Peptide Antibiotics. International Conference on Green Technology: ICGeT 2013, Sastra University, Thanjaore, Tamil Nadu. 26-27 July 2013.
1. Vineeth Kumar T.V. and Sanil George (2013). Host Defense Peptides from the Skin Secretion of Endemic Frog of Western Ghats. 4th Indian Peptide Symposium organized by Indian Peptide Society (IPS), Saha institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata. 16-22 February 2013
2. Vineeth Kumar T.V , K Santhosh Kumar and Sanil George (2012). A Systematic Nomenclature for Amphibian Skin Peptides for Future Therapeutic Uses. International Conference - ORIBIO 2012 February 29 2012.
1. Peptide chemistry
2. Host defence Peptides from amphibian skin secretions