A hardworking, self-motivated and responsible biological science doctoral degree holder with more than six years of teaching and about ten years of research experience. Graduation from The Cochin College, Post-graduation from The Maharajas College, Doctoral degree from MG University. Life Time member of Zoological Society of Kerala (ZSK) and Indian Academy of Neurosciences (IAN), Member-Women’s Guidance cell and Internal Mentor of WWS (The Cochin College). Joint Secretory of MAZAA- Maharajas Zoology Alumni Association.
1. National Journals:
1. Manju V Subramanian1 and K.N. Vijayakumari 2 .Foraging behavior of butterflies. Bugs R All. Newsletter of the Invertebrate Conservation & Information Network of South Asia, No 17, March 2011.
2. James T J, Mariya Soumya Suresh, Manju V Subramanian. Effect of Deprenyl on Lipofuscin accumulation in Rat brain- A Histological approach. Annals of neuroscience. Vol 15, 2008.
3. James T J, Viji Avarachan and Manju V Subramanian. Histomorphological studies of Flocculus of Rat cerebellum. Millenium Zoology .Vol 9(1) 2008-2009; 29-31.
4. James T J, Tresamma George and Manju V Subramanian. Cellular Study of Amphibian Cerebellum. Millenium Zoology. Vol 10(1), 2009-2010: 27-30
5. James T J, Mariya Soumya Suresh, Manju V Subramanian. Effect of Deprenyl on Lipofuscin accumulation in Rat brain- A Histological approach. Indian Journal of Gerontology. 2009, Vol. 23, No 3, pp 263-270.
6. James T J, Roshini M D and Manju V Subramanian. Heavy metal accumulation in brain of fishes consequent to river pollution. Asian Journal of Water, Environment and pollution, Vol. 8, No. 2 (2011), pp. 143-146.
7. Manju V Subramanian, James T J and Neena P K. Analysis of heavy metals in the brain of Etroplus suratensis consequent to river pollution. (Abstract). In the proceedings of International Conference on Neuroscience Updates and Annual meeting of Neurochemistry. 2009, Pp56-57.
8. Manju V Subramanian, James T J and Roshini M D. Heavy metal accumulation in brain of fishes consequent to river pollution. (Abstract) In the proceedings of AGI Conference, 2008.
2. International Journals:
1. Manju V Subramanian and James T J. Supplementation of Deprenyl attenuates age associated alterations in rat cerebellum. Molecular biology reports. 2010, DOI .1007/s11033-010-0017-2.
2. Manju V Subramanian and James T J. Age-related protective effect of Deprenyl on changes in the levels of diagnostic marker enzymes and antioxidant defense enzymes activities in cerebellar tissue in Wistar rats. Cell Stress & Chaperons. 2010, DOI 10.1007/s12192-010-0177-y
3. Manju .V. Subramanian* and James T.J. Restorative role of Deprenyl on
Mitochondrial function of aging rat cerebellum. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and
Biological Sciences (IOSR-JPBS) e-ISSN: 2278-3008, p-ISSN: 2319-7676
Volume 9, Issue 2 Ver 1I (Mar-Apr 2014), PP 12-19.
1. National Conferences:
· Attended a One-day Cluster Workshop for coordinators and internal mentors of the Walk with a Scholar Programme, held at S H College, Thevara on 29th January2016.
· Participated in the Students-Neuroscientists interactive meet organized on 12th Dec 2008 by Cochin University of Science and Technology and Indian Academy of neurosciences.
· Participated in UGC sponsored seminar on “Recent advances in Mariculture and its possibilities in Kerala cost “on 20th and 21st October 2015 at St Joseph’s College for Women, Alappuzha.
· Actively participated in ISN, APSN, IBRO and SNCI School on Neurodegenerative Diseases held at Cochin University of Science and Technology, Dept of Biotechnology, 7-11, 2009.
· Participated and successfully completed the “Training Programme in DNA fingerprinting held at National Bureau of Fish Genomic Resources, Cochin Unit, CMFRI campus (ICAR), during 06 March 2006 to 16 March 2006
· Participated the Workshop cum seminar in Radionuclide Methodology (BRIT) and seminar on Molecular basis of Diseases and their Diagnosis organized by Biotechnology Division, Union Christian College, Aluva-2006.
· Participated the Workshop on basic Techniques in Biotechnology organized by Bangalore Genei and Scientific Enterprices-2006.
· Participated the National Workshop on Biotechnology -2006 organized by Dept of Zoology, Sacred Heart College, Thevara.
· Participated the National Conference on Animal Taxonomy Emerging trends 2005 organized by Dept of Zoology, Sacred Heart College, Thevara.
2. International Conferences:
· Presented a poster on Analysis of heavy metals in the brain of “Etroplus suratensis consequent to river pollution” in International Conference on Neuroscience Updates and Annual meeting of Neurochemistry (India) held at Cochin University of Science and Technology, Dept of Biotechnology, 2009.
· Presented a poster on “The effect of Deprenyl on lipofuscin accumulation in rat brain- A histological approach” in International Conference on Advances in Neuroscience & Annual meeting of Indian Academy of Neuroscience held at Cochin University.
Research Fellow from the year 2006-2010 under the guidance of Dr T J James, Division of Neuroscience and Aging, Dept of Zoology, Sacred Heart College, Thevara.
1. Minor research project sponsored by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment, Thiruvananthapuram on Histological profile of rat brain focusing on Floccular region and studies on the effect of Deprenyl on Lipofuscin accumulation in rat brain under the investigation of Dr T J James, Principal investigator.
2. Project work on “Cellular Evolution of Brain A study of the histological profile of amphibian brain”
3. Project work on “Analysis of heavy metals in the brain of “Etroplus suratensis and Thilapia consequent to river pollution”
4. Research works on the anti-aging effects of Deprenyl.